Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010


Lucy was the youngest member of the family on hand for Christmas at my nephew's house today.

What would Christmas morning be without kids?

Leaving aside the messages of peace and good will that all of us adults should be thinking about first today, Christmas is for those young enough to still accept without question the magic of it all. "Look what Santa brought me!"

There were four children as the family gathered at my nephew's house today -- Lucy, who is 1, Rowan and Milagros, who are 3, and Carlos, who is 6. Carlos and Milagros are my great nephew and great niece. Lucy and Rowan are my great-great nieces. They opened so many presents that they didn't know what to play with first.

I'm grateful to be welcomed into my nephew's home each holiday season, and I'm especially grateful to my nephew's wife for working all morning in the kitchen. (She got up at 4 a.m. to put a roast in the oven!)

Tonight it's snowing lightly in Richmond, with more expected tomorrow, so we're having a white Christmas, even if the big day is almost over as the flakes begin to fall.

Today was like Christmas should be for all -- with family and friends, with good will towards all, and with children who truly believe in the holiday's enchantment.

PS to Becky: the roast was delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Two words - precious child. Great picture and true sentiments about the joy of family. You are truly blessed, and your writing shows it.

    ReplyDelete