Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My spunky LBJ


(Don Dale photo, 2011)

I have to hand it to the LBJ who built a nest in my front-porch light fixture a few weeks ago: she's got spunk.

After I discovered the nest and removed it last week, she apparently started all over again.

I walked out of the front door this morning to pick up my copy of the Times-Dispatch from the sidewalk, and there it was -- another nest. I went back inside to get my camera, came back out, stood on the porch chair, and photographed this latest LBJ effort.

Then I removed it.

Will she try again?

I hope not.

This is rapidly getting old.

But I do admire her determination.

2 comments:

  1. Communication is the key here. You need to explain WHY you are doing what you're doing. Studies show that underlings deal with change better when they know why the change happened. All you have to do now is figure out how to communicate your reasons. Otherwise you come across as the bad parent who will say nothing more than "because I said so."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, c'mon Walter, cut him a break. I think Don needs to find the lowest watt bulb he can that fits the fixture, and then lets the bird do its thing. It would be much nicer to claim to be the grandfather to a little brown job, then to spoil this determined birds efforts to raise a family.

    ReplyDelete