Thursday, August 13, 2009

Great-grandmother Williams



This undated snapshot of my great-grandmother Williams was taken in her kitchen in Chicago. My mother recalls taking the train to Chicago as a little girl to visit. It would be helpful if we could read the calendar on the wall to the left, but even when the photograph is enlarged and digitally enhanced, I can't make it out. She had at least five children. At the time of the death in 1985 of my grandmother Louella Williams Nichols, four of great-grandmother Williams' children still survived - two sisters and two brothers. Three lived in Illinois and the fourth lived in Indiana. My great-grandmother Williams' family moved north from Southwest Virginia at some point following the marriage of her daughter Louella to my grandfather Horace Thomas Nichols in 1906.

No comments:

Post a Comment