Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A visit to the country



This fuzzy, undated photograph was taken at one of the Sunday-afternoon family visits in the late 1940s or early 1950s to my Aunt Louise, my mother's younger sister, and my Uncle Frank in Chesterfield. My mother's only brother, my Uncle Joe, is half turned away from the camera at the left. The short woman to his right is my Aunt Louise. My mother stands with her hand to her cheek next to Uncle Joe's wife, Aunt Lillian, who has her arms folded. At the right, waving to the camera, is my cousin Mary Frances, Aunt Louise's eldest daughter. I am not sure which of Mary Frances's sisters is running in front of her. In the background you can see the woods where we loved to play as kids. (See previous post.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi I got on ok. I signed up as Beachykeen
    You've done a great job. We'll send you pix of Bryson Skeens, the first boy of his generation.
    M.

    ReplyDelete