Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11



You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.
--Will Rogers

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
--Albert Einstein

I'm glad I didn't have to fight in any war. I'm glad I didn't have to pick up a gun. I'm glad I didn't get killed or kill somebody. I hope my kids enjoy the same lack of manhood.
--Tom Hanks

When I received the Nobel Prize, the only big lump sum of money I have ever seen, I had to do something with it. The easiest way to drop this hot potato was to invest it, to buy shares. I knew that World War II was coming and I was afraid that if I had shares which rise in case of war, I would wish for war. So I asked my agent to buy shares which go down in the event of war. This he did. I lost my money and saved my soul.
--Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

War is not nice.
--Barbara Bush

We make war that we may live in peace.
--Aristotle

Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
--Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.
--John F. Kennedy

I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
--George Santayana

No comments:

Post a Comment