Saturday, December 31, 2011

She'll never forget ...



I got caught up in the saga of the ghost kitty and neglected to post this image of my nephew Mike and his niece, Milagros, with the gigantic plush elephant I gave her for Christmas. Her mother tells me that Milagros, who is 4, totes it around through the house, sleeps with it and uses it for a pillow when she's napping on the couch.

I gave my great nephew Carlos, who is 7, a simple digital camera for Christmas. After a rough start -- the memory card that came with it didn't work -- Carlos has been taking lots of pictures. Among them, pictures of his feet, pictures of what's up his nose, pictures of trees, pictures of his sister, and pictures of cartoon shows on TV.

We had dinner together Wednesday night. He had already taken more than 450 pictures in three days, and he fired away all through the meal.

I asked him to pick out the one he likes best this weekend and send it to me. I'll post the image as soon as he passes it along.

I hope it's not the one he shot up his nose. His mother hopes it's not the one he took of her bottom. She told me she was going to delete that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment