Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's back ...


There was a great skyscape outside my living room window tonight. The clouds look much more striking from a 9th-floor perspective.

That view was an antidote, of sorts, for the disappointing news that the contract on my old house fell through.

The young couple who were set to buy it apparently got cold feet. They nickel-and-dimed on the post-inspection modifications they wanted to make to the contract. My real estate agent suggested we opt out. I gave my okay.

So the house is back on the market. In fact, there was a showing this evening. And there is an open house coming soon.

Both the agent and I are optimistic. We're hoping we'll soon be getting a nibble or two from a willing buyer who understands that a well-kept 85-year-old house is never going to flaunt herself the way some new young thing might.

As in people, character counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment