Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Where are we? (Part 1)


Okay, let’s shake things up a bit.

I’ve been losing some of my regular Cogito readers lately. And it’s my fault.

Back before Christmas, I had a kidney stone extracted the hard way. About a month or so later, I had the flu. I lost some of my old energy for a while. But now I’m back on track and determined to offer up enough fresh blog posts to get back into the swing of things. So let’s have some fun.

As a native Richmonder, I love the city. I love discovering places I’d never known about, and I love the city’s architecture, its history and the way Richmond continually changes and adapts. Living in Richmond is like rowing a boat: We’re moving forward, and we’re always looking back at where we’ve been.

So let’s see how good you are at recognizing the city.

The image above presents a landmark in a way you’ve perhaps never seen before. What is it? Where is it? (Click on the picture to see a larger image.)

If you think you know, click on the word comments below and offer your answer.

I’ll be posting images of places in and around Richmond every couple of days for a while.

There’s no prize. The fun will be in knowing and learning more about Richmond.


   

4 comments:

  1. St. John's Church! Give me liberty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, Jenny! You hit it right on the head. Go to the head of the class!

      --Uncle Don

      Delete
  2. OK, I'll play. Not because my love for Richmond history is anywhere near yours in size, but because my love for you is.

    I'll say Paddy Henry's "Liberty or Death" church, St John's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job, Walter! Looks like I'll have to make the next one a bit harder.

      -dd

      Delete